Introducing Bella Lyn Camerieri
Well Friday we went to our follow up appt for Bella, they did a non stress test and another bio physical, Bella must have known how much we wanted her to come, because she did not move for either test. The doctor was concerned so sent us immediately to Hillcrest to be induced!
We arrived at Hillcrest at 2:00 pm, I was already 3 cm dilated in the office so some of the hard work was done. At 3:00 they started pitocin, at 4:00 the doc broke my water (3.5 cm dilated) at 5:30 the contractions were so bad I asked for an epidural, at this point I was 6 cm dilated. By the time the epidural was in, I was ready to push!!! I started pushing at 6:30 and Bella was born at 6:48!!! Unreal as to how fast this labor went!
Of course no birth would be without it's scary moments.... Because she was coming so fast, the dr was not able to cut me, so big tear. Because she was coming so fast, another vein also burst in me that needed to be stitched as well. All of this happened with Lia's birth, but this one was just a bit worse. Plus, my blood presssure was acting up and when they drew routine blood draws I passed out, when they gave me the epidural, I passed out. After the birth when they went to sit me up, I passed out, and finally when they were moving me to my recovery room, I passed out yet again. The nurses on the floor had a running joke about me, they even taped smelling salts to my bed just in case! I was blessed with a quick labor and a healthy baby! Thank you Jesus!
We were discharged early Easter morning. Thank you Lord for a quick recovery and for a smooth transition!


No comments:
Post a Comment