We have been capitalizing on our time with Lia as Bella's due date rapidly approaches. We took advantage of the beautiful weather and went for a walk yesterday, we introduced her to grass for the first time, she was not a fan, but loved leaves and the concrete. We also tried spaghetti noodles for the first time, she loved it! The noodles were everywhere, but boy did she enjoy it! Bella must be getting jealous of us showering attention and affection on Lia, because yesterday we had a big false alarm!
I was making chicken parm and noodles, i was draining the noodles and all of a sudden I felt a trickle down my leg! I had just gone to the bathroom and nothing mentally triggered in my brain that I had to go again, so I thought it was my water breaking. My water broke with Lia and it all felt similar! So i laid down to see if i would continue leaking. I did, plus I was getting some pretty strong contractions! so we called the doc and she said we should go in and get checked out. So we decided to wait until Lia was in bed before we left for the hospital, the grandma's were called, we frantically packed our bag, loaded the van, cleaned the house, showered and left for the hospital. I was still leaking and having contractions so I thought Bella was going to come early. We get to the hospital, they put us in a room and start monitoring the baby and me. My blood pressure was quite high, but considering the circumstances, that is ok! Bella looked great and I was contracting, not enough to deliver a baby or even get an epidural, but they were pretty intense. they ran a few tests on me and confirmed..... NO WATER BREAKING! ahhh! I had a regualr prenatal visit on Monday, and I was already 1 cm dilated and 25% effaced, last night i was just about 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced, so something is going on down there! They told me to rest to get rid of my contractions and sure enough around three this morning they tapered off. What an exciting night!
At Monday's dr appt, I got the results of my 24 hr urine test and the results were really borderline. At 300 ml they induce you, my levels were 283! (trying to rule out pre-eclampsia/hypertension) So doc had me do another 24 hr urine test and I will get the results this week or at my next appt on Tues. If the results are the same or worse, they will induce me next week!! I am trying to hold out until next saturday so that I am officially full term. We know that God is in charge and in control of Bella and my safety, so we are just trying to get all our ducks in a row before her arrival. So the next few weeks could be and will remain quite exciting.
Have a great week!
Love,
Mike, Laurie, Lia and soon to be Bella!


1 comment:
Praise the Lord for a healthy report...no more scares, next time I want to meet Bella! THanks for holding off until mom and dad came to visit- you the best!
Post a Comment